Thursday, February 19, 2009

Predictably Irrational

As many of you know, I like to read books and boy did I come across a good one.
If you are looking for a great read, please go out and grab: http://www.predictablyirrational.com/ by Dan Ariely. This is a very down to earth book which focuses on behavioral economics.
Sounds boring, I know -- but it is anything but. If you read it, just give a call because I would love to discuss some of the salient points. It is far and away the best book I have read this year!

This guy is a genius and we're sort of similar (he's a Jewish dude married to an Indian girl with 2 kids). The downside is that he is a professor over at Duke, but I will let that slide!

Lastly -- if you are getting access to the blog because someone has forwarded it to you, you can just become a "follower" -- see the right hand side of this webpage. You'll get the updates and not have to rely on getting it forwarded to you.

PJ

1 comment:

Daniel Mantell said...

My sense is that the 'invisible hand's' ability to regulate the system is very dependent upon there being a critical mass of different and sufficiently controlling interests within the economic system. A rather large part of the power of economic bubbles is that they tend to promote alignment of interest which, of course, then destroys the hand. Of course, retrospect makes everything so much clearer.